When United By Blue realized the untapped potential of bison fiber (largely considered a waste product), they developed a supply chain to intercept hides before the fiber could be discarded. No bison have been harmed for the purpose of this material, they simply stepped in to divert a precious, existing resource that's been grossly underutilized.
Through many iterations of bison products, they've landed on the minimum amount of bison fiber needed in a product for its powerful effects to really shine: 5%.
BisonShield™ yarn is comprised of 10% bison fiber blended with recycled polyester, wool & nylon, allowing for socks, beanies, & other cold-weather accessories to regulate temperature, wick moisture, stay warm even when wet, & fit like a glove.
SIze Small: Women 6-9 / Men 5-8.
SIze Large: Women 10-12 / Men 9-13.
- Spandex knit throughout leg
- Reinforced heel and toe areas
- Spandex rib arch support
- Flat knit side panels, flat toe seam
- 64% merino wool, 17% bison down, 16% nylon, 2% polyester, 1% spandex
- Responsibly made in North America
- Machine wash cold, lay flat to dry.